Support NATA 2014

Main News Movies Favorites Reviews Stats 6 Fans

All 4,199 flash Reviews

Rant: bullying Rant: bullying

Rated 3 / 5 stars May 26, 2013

Funny, short with a good sense of tongue-in-cheek humour. Awesome style, very different but it works as a niche.

Super Para Reality Bros Super Para Reality Bros

Rated 3 / 5 stars May 21, 2013

Weird, very weird but gotten on a simplistic and layered level. The animation is tight, very well put together and the music fits in well with the ambiance and parallel universe core concept. Neatly done.

Blordow responds:

from my heart and from my hand, why dont people understand my intention WAAAA bow chicka chick woowww WEIRD SCIENCE

Animal Crossing: LNL Animal Crossing: LNL

Rated 3.5 / 5 stars May 21, 2013

Short and snappy, easy joke but effective. Very cutesy and charming with some laid back music, really well put together.

Samb responds:

Thanks alot! :)

Chocolate Run Chocolate Run

Rated 3.5 / 5 stars February 12, 2013

Neat game, very simple premise and controls but it goes a lot deeper with upgrades, frantic gameplay and enemies left right and centre, most which seem to be involved with a tongue-in-cheek humour aspect. Very confusing however with the presentation and it does seem a bit convoluted as gameplay and the game progresses. Despite this however, enjoyable enough and the medals give it a challenging aspect.

George Lucas' Farewell George Lucas' Farewell

Rated 3 / 5 stars February 12, 2013

Original. Very funny, very genius if I could be so bold. Voice acting was good, very conise and clear but a voice that went better with Lucas' appearance would have made it feel much more believable. Despite, this was enjoyable. Well done.

Skrillex Composing Skrillex Composing

Rated 4 / 5 stars February 9, 2013

Haha this made me laugh, very original and very funny too, more so I guess for people who have an intense dislike for the genre of music or Skrillex himself. Great animations, the contorted compounds of his body accompanied by the ridiculous mouth sounds were funny, amusing to the point of ridicule which hits the spot perfectly. Very good.

Super Mario in "TAKEN" Super Mario in "TAKEN"

Rated 4 / 5 stars September 29, 2012

Pretty good. Very short and to the point. The voice acting was good and the punchline was pretty good, unexpected actually given such a simple premise. A good example of a simple idea transcending itself and lending to a brilliant short. Nice work.

YULFO83 responds:

Newgrounds Logo ep.02 Newgrounds Logo ep.02

Rated 2.5 / 5 stars September 26, 2012

Simple, not bad. Moves a little too slow though.

Frozen Bubble Frozen Bubble

Rated 1 / 5 stars May 5, 2012

Interesting mechanics, the graphics left a lot to be desired and needed a bit of shining, as well as a focus on the presentation. Enjoyable for about a minute or so, beyond that it gets stale and boring rather quickly.

Escape Escape

Rated 1 / 5 stars May 5, 2012

A choose your own adventure game, pretty good in its presentation even if a lack of sound makes it feel hollow. Some sound would have helped to give this a bit of a theme. The deaths are quick and sudden and seem almost unfair - but its expected in such a story. Although they come quickly and without pause. A checkpoint system would have been welcome when you reach a certain point because its pointless going back through and reading the story again; it takes away any sense and makes it feel like a trial and error example the whole through until the ending.

Flyingdingo0827 responds:

Alright, I'll have to consider a checkpoint system when I try something like this again but because of inexperience on my part I wouldn't have been able to figure out how to make a checkpoint even if I wanted to.

In relation to the difficulty...I like hard games and trial and error gameplay. You could call it author appeal I guess...but after you get towards the end its almost a straight shot to the end so please don't give up.

Anyways, thanks for your review, if I manage to create another CYOA in the future I'll be sure to keep this in mind.

Thanks for the constructive criticism.